Sunday, July 4, 2010

Adieu Manipal


Manipal, O' my heart
Aches to leave you
Never will I forget you
Illimitable are your memories
Painful to let them pass
Adiós amigo
Lots of love


This is an acrostic poem. An acrostic poem is one in which the first letters of each line when put together reads a name or a theme.

Here, in this poem if you read the first letters of all the lines, it will spell MANIPAL. Manipal has been my home for four years. It's hard to leave Manipal so I am trying to say goodbye to Manipal as I would say to a friend.

13 comments:

Gaurav Sinha said...

Nice work sumit.. Keep writing :)

ravi said...

good sumit
the poem is very touching

Tabitha Bird said...

Yes, I understand leaving all too well. Lovely words :)

Sumit Sarkar said...

Thank you Gaurav and Ravi.
Thanks Tabitha. Your blog "Through my eyes" is a very beautiful blog. Thank you for visiting my blog too.

Shashank said...

very nicely thought....keep it up... :)

Sumit Sarkar said...

thanks bhai...

H. Nizam said...

Hello friend,
Thank you very much for following my blog on Google Friend Connect.
I like your blog, it is easy to access, nice looking and informative. Congrats!
Let's keep in touch.

multibrand.blogspot.com

Sumit Sarkar said...

thanks Nizam..

Ronit Ghosh said...

Very well written.
I can understand the feeling too.

Wendilea said...

It's a beautiful poem Sumit, very heartfelt and the photo is gorgeous!

Sumit Sarkar said...

Thank you Wendilea. The photo is taken by one of my friend.
Thanks Ronit.

Prateek said...

awesome yaar.. it seems like a poem-cum-letter.. I never knew u had such a hidden talent in u.. keep writing.. :)

and thanks for the info on "Acrostic Poem".. :D

Sumit Sarkar said...

thanks bhai... :)

Search my blog...

Custom Search