Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sorrow

The first time we met
Scolded by my father, I was
My eyes were red and wet
And my heart, afraid of your claws

The second time you greeted me
I tried hard to neglect you
My teacher lashed at me in fury
The ruler she hit me with, split in two

The third time we bumped into
My mother slapped me on my cheek
I had nowhere else to go to
And finally, with you, I started to speak

Time flew like a breeze
Sometimes you would go on a vacation
Yet you never tend to cease
With you, happiness can never come into action

I saw everyone trying to break free
From your somber clutches
Nobody realized you were silently
By their side, in times of gloominess

Got together for a myriad times now
I wonder when will be that woeless tomorrow,
Even though you accompanied me when my life was low,
Will I ever get rid of you, sorrow?

11 comments:

Wendilea said...

Ah yes, but sometimes we can gauge our happiness from the depths of our sorrow. Beautifully written sentiment Sumit!

Sumit Sarkar said...

Thank you Wendilea...
So true, we can always find happiness confined deep inside the depths of our sorrow....

WINDOWLAD said...

...oh, i never really thought you could be as poetic as this... you really surprised me... and you must live on to this co'z you have potentials... i liked the amalgamation of tranquility and sadness in this poem... made it truly a pleasure to read!!!:)

Thanks a ton my friend for your kindness for all my excuses and absences... God Bless!!!:)

>Kelvin

Sumit Sarkar said...

Thank you Kelvin for your generous words...

Mory said...

ahh this such a lovely poem brother, it is so entertaining and well written. i particularly like the last 4 line, they are very sad indeed.

Sumit Sarkar said...

Thanks Mory for liking this poem.. :)

vivek said...

Hi Sumit,

How u doing?

very nice penned down ...peom loved it ...superb ..keep it up ..

have a nice week ahead.

keep smiling
God Bless :)

Sumit Sarkar said...

Hello Sir...
I am doing fine. Thank you for liking this poem. :)
Warm wishes...

Gauri Mathur said...

Hey Sumit!
Lovely poem.
:)

Sumit Sarkar said...

Thank you Gauri..
:)

mohit said...

its a lovely poem bro nd well written...nd da last 4 lines r da really sad ones...

Search my blog...

Custom Search