Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Dreamy Love Affair

I am enchanted by your intoxicating beautiful eyes.
Lost in the echoes of your sweet voice
I long to kiss your luscious lips, and it feels so nice
To be together, for my heart and I rejoice.
Now, we are flying on the exquisite winged dove
Through vast continents full of love and only love.
On the horizon, I see the sun melting into the sea as our lips touch
And I admit, I have wanted this for so long and so much.
Deep within I could hear the mellifluous love beats from your heart
As I whisper 'Love you, my sweetheart'.
Adorned in white silk, heavenly angels dance -
Cupid sings, and wherever I see, there is romance.
I rest my head on your shoulders, admiring you and your beauty
Only to wake up and realize, a dream - so lovely.


Four years ago, I had this dream. It was about this girl from high school. I have tried to paint it with words.

For Poetry Potluck at Jingle Poetry.
Theme: Love and Romance.

17 comments:

Wendilea said...

You have painted it in a very lovely way Sumit!

Sumit Sarkar said...

Thank you Wendilea for liking this poem...

viddhi said...

very beautiul....deep ..powerful and indeed dreamyy...!!

loved it !
keep smiling!
happy blogging..!

Sumit Sarkar said...

Thank you Viddhi... :)

Geraldine said...

Oh la la...very nice!

www.mypoeticpath.wordpress.com

Sumit Sarkar said...

Thank you Geraldine... :)

Ramesh Sood said...

These are beautiful dreams.. Sumit.. need to be preserved and perhaps...who know..they turn out to be real.. Thanks for sharing..

fiveloaf said...

wow! u expressed it well..

Sumit Sarkar said...

@Ramesh Sood
Thank you so much for liking this...

@fiveloaf
Thanks a lot... :)

Eric Alder said...

This just goes to show that men can be romantics too. Nice piece.

Jingle said...

a lovely perspective,
way to go for men romantics.
beautiful job.

Sumit Sarkar said...

Thank you Eric and Jingle... :)

Olivia said...

This one is beautiful Sumit- very nice..
Dreams are the path- finders.. at times the greatest illusionists too..
Well written My dear.. xx

Sumit Sarkar said...

Thanks Olivia...
Dreams can say so much in bits and pieces...

TALON said...

I hope that's a dream you get to enjoy again or, even better, that someday comes true! Lovely!

Sumit Sarkar said...

Thank you Talon for the visit... :)

meperry said...

That is a very beautiful dream that we would all be lucky to have. The world needs your dreamy love right now. thanks

Search my blog...

Custom Search