Thursday, November 4, 2010

Prayer Within Me

The leaves fall, the flowers wilt,
The branches lapse and the woods rot.
A withered quilt they look like
Becoming one with the dirt beneath.
With freshness anew and beauty unparalleled
They're reborn on their motherland.
"Then why only me? O' Lord, why me...?
Why can't I rise above
The dark clouds that hover over me?
Why can't I pierce through
The gloomy veil that surrounds me?"
This hazy self of me is now alone
Wandering like an invisible soul--
Who was once known and loved by all
Who was the kernel of attraction
Also the heart and soul in his circle.
I enjoyed grandly, lost count of time
It was then that I did not understand
A race against this speeding time, I was in
For nobody else but me, I used to think.
Then there was this abrupt turn of events
Alas! now my dreams lie in ashes
No matter how much I try to amend, I fail.
Those who wielded a broad smile before
Whose hearts lightened up when they saw me
Have deserted this kernel of attraction.
They now wield a look of disgust
This lonely man shattered now feels crippled.
With a heavy heart and a gleam of hope
Finally catching up with the forgotten time,
I pray, "O' Lord, help me in my endeavor.
Let me be born again with great light and splendor".


For Three Word Wednesday.
Prompts: abrupt, kernel, wield.

24 comments:

Peaceful Pandemonium said...

I loved your use of the prompts, this poem was a beautiful prayer for a dark time.

authorwho said...

"The gloomy veil that surrounds" paints such a strong image. You are wise to ask for help to help lift it!

ThomG said...

A poem full of feeling and emotion. Wonderful lines and I salute you for sharing.

Eye-shuh said...

I love it. :)

jaerose said...

I liked how you turned the ending into one of hope and faith..it really gave power back to the man..thanks as ever for your vist..Jae

Ramesh Sood said...

Liked your poem for it ended very well on a happpier note..

Wendilea said...

A thoughtful depiction of the "dark night of the soul" that usually precedes a spiritual awakening. Bless you for sharing it in such poetic form!

WINDOWLAD said...

....i am in awe my friend... you have made this poem very beautiful with a touch of love and faith all together makin' it truly a pleasure and honor to read again and again... you can nailed a poem co'z you nailed it... you took my breath away with your finale line...bravo!!!:)

GOD Bless!!!:)

~Kelvin

Sumit Sarkar said...

Thank you everyone...
I am glad that you stopped by and liked this poem.. :)

Wysteria said...

This is sad to me, but such honest and raw feelings coming forth.

Pray for strength... it is all any of us can do...


Wysteria

willow said...

Beautiful. This has a very Psalm-like quality.

Jeeves said...

Lovely

Vivek said...

Loved the light at the end of it all.

Wysteria said...

Just wanted to tell you, thanks for stopping by my blog....and always leaving such a nice note

Wysteria

Strummed Words said...

Amazing poem!

Sumit Sarkar said...

You are always welcome Wysteria... :)
Thank you Strummed Words... :)

Sumit Sarkar said...

Thank you Willow, Jeeves and Vivek Sir for liking this... :)

Jingle said...

smart usage of three words.

Jingle said...

http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/11/03/thursday-poets-rally-week-32-november-4-10/

welcome to attend Poets Rally, link in a poem, visit and comment, have fun!
Thanks a ton for the attention.
Let me know if you have questions.

Sumit Sarkar said...

Thank you Jingle...

MICHAEL said...

MAY THE AURA OF THIS PERIOD SERVE AS GUIDELINE FOR PEACE AND JOY.

ms pie said...

a beautiful heartfelt prayer.. rebirth, heaven on earth.. bird on a wire

Sumit Sarkar said...

Thank you Michael and ms pie.. :)

mohit said...

a nyc nd a beautiful poem full of emotions nd feelin...man u ROCK...!!!

Search my blog...

Custom Search