Wednesday, December 15, 2010

चले जा रहे हैं

बहुत ही लंबा रस्ता नजर आ रहा है
दूर दूर तक कोई मोड़ नही दिख रहा है
और उसपे हम चले जा रहे हैं

अकेले हैं, अकेलापन भी महसूस कर रहे हैं
पर हम कुछ कर नही पा रहे हैं
बस चले जा रहे हैं

कभी कभी रस्ते में लोगों से मिलते हैं
कभी कभी उनके भीड़ में खो भी जाते हैं
पर फिर भी अकेले हैं और चले जा रहे हैं

छोटे छोटे पैर बढ़े हो गये हैं, रफ्तार भी बढ़ी है
पर यह रस्ता कभी खतम ही नही होता है
और हम, अब भी चले जा रहे हैं


Now the above poem in English.
I won't call it a poem though. I didn't try to write the English version in a poetic way. Just for you all to understand.

A very long road is in my sight
I cannot see a single point of turn
And I am walking on it

I am alone and feeling very lonely
But I am not able to do anything
Except walking on this road

Sometimes on this road, I meet with people
Sometimes I am lost in the crowd
Yet I am alone and still walking on the road

Tiny little legs have grown up now, speed has increased too
But this road never seems to end
And I am still walking on it

18 comments:

budh.aaah said...

Yeah thats how one feels studying in IIT's or some other institutes, staying in hostels away from home and the uncertainty of the future..
nice

Heather Grace Stewart said...

nice--wish I could read the hindi version. thanks for posting both.

drmadangoyal said...

Well written Sumit

One has to walk
There is no escape
Remaining alone is not good
Help others, you will find a dude
Company will be available
Loneliness escapable
Enjoy the walk
No other talk.

vivek said...

Nice one my friend

yes we need to keep walking in the journey of life.
wish you all the best.

Chris G. said...

Always a shame how much can be lost in the translation of such things! Still sounds well enough - and true sentiments; it can be a lonely road we walk, but still we walk...

I will admit though, I do wish I could read the original Hindi.

Deborah said...

Tiny little legs have grown up now,I loved this, it shows just how much the journey is ongoing,wonderfully written.

Brian Miller said...

sounds a lot like life...nice write..the thing is keep walking...

Claudia said...

i know this feeling so well - and i would love to be able to read it in your language..

Thoughts Not Lost said...

We all travel a long road to various destinations. Well done!

Geraldine said...

Sometimes loneliness can walk with us, when we least expect it. Beautifully expressed.

http://veggiesyarnsandtails.wordpress.com/2010/12/16/mr-cheddar-wishes-you-a-cool-yule/

D.A.W said...

alone in a crowd...very well presented my friend

pratik said...

mast hai bhai!! though my man, you need to keep faith and keep walking because nothing good comes in our lives just by sitting around... best of luck in ALL your endeavors bro!!
cheers!!

Lu Ann said...

Wooow those letters seem like very hard t hand write, is it?

I liked the poem, keep on walking :)

JamieDedes said...

Nice. Thanks for translating from the Hindi so we could all share in the read.

Patricia E. Cegan said...

Simply wonderful! I know how difficult it is to translate poetry. I live in Brazil now and would love to translate my poems to Portuguese. It is such a beautiful language but my command of Portuguese is too limited. Thanks you for translating for us although it would be perfect to read in the original. Thanks, too, for your visit to my blog. hugs, pat

Shail said...

Nice One - The hindi Poem!!

JamieDedes said...

Came back to read this one again. I was wondering what you named it since it seems like a dream. I feel like I want to call you "Dream Walker."

booguloo said...

This is very poetic.

Search my blog...

Custom Search