Sunday, December 5, 2010

My Life Changing Device

It was the first day of my college. I had gone to attend the orientation before the classes began. The Director had already started his speech when I entered the hall. After talking about all the rules and regulations, he announced that this time they would be giving laptops to each and every student. I have always wanted a desktop/laptop. I tried so much before to convince my father to buy me one, but to no avail.

Today, I was happy and finally I was done with the whole begging thing for a desktop/laptop.

They handed the laptops to the students after a week. I remember that day. Nobody came out of their room for the whole day, not even to eat. Well, for me it was something new too and I have always wished to have one. I was glued to it.

For the first few weeks, the laptop was the source of entertainment for me. My college had a Wi-fi campus. So, all I did was download movies, videos and songs. I recalled the times when I used to watch the boring Indian serials at home because of my parents and my sister. It was like a joyous ride that I would have never had without my laptop.

I also downloaded games and started playing them. Two of my favorite games are Counter Strike 1.6 and Age Of Empires - The Conquerers. It was fun playing these games with the computer bots but it even heightened the fun when I started playing in groups and clans. I made more friends. My social circle increased.

Time passed. It was time for the examinations. The laptop was a great help during that time. E-books, sample papers, old question papers, soft copy of my professor's notes, I gathered all. Some from the college's library website and some I took in a pen-drive from my professors. All these materials were of great help. They made it easier and simpler to study. It was at that time, I thanked for this invention heartily. Since, I am a computer science student, I had to do a lot of programming in so many different languages too. I had labs in college but having this laptop with me all the time made me practice more and I got the better out of it. It helped me a lot in completing my projects before the deadline. I worked in my labs as well as in my room.

As I told you before, I had a Wi-fi Internet connection. This Internet is something that has revolutionized the world. I would say "Internet is an ocean with no shores" containing vast knowledge and information. And I was able to swim in this ocean through my laptop from my room. What a convenience! Don't you think. My laptop really made my life smooth. Ordering and buying stuff on-line, interacting and communicating with friends through social networks just from my room. Making new friends, sharing my poetry, sketches and thoughts through my blog, again from my room. My laptop, which is definitely an inanimate device, has made my life easier and filled it with happiness and joy.

Check out Buytheprice.com and connect with Indian Bloggers at BlogAdda
Link: Your Life Changing Device.

18 comments:

vivek said...

HI Sumit,

Thats great , you finally get what you asked for and being in the computer field its very much required.

wish you all the best for your studies :)

Take care

Claudia said...

wow - this was quite the laptop hymn..but i have to agree. sometimes i wonder how i managed life without internet - an ocean without shores - yes...sometimes we have to be careful not to get lost though...

Brian Miller said...

nice. yeah my laptop make my world a much easier place...accessing so much in seconds...when i have had computer problems in the past it has really sucked...lol

SandyCarlson said...

I am glad it was so useful to you!

Sandeep Dutta said...

Yes it is bro....Globalisation has its own effects..Good N Bad...Tk Care...

Chris G. said...

Precious, precious laptop. Glad it's proved so useful to you!

Jingle said...

true words...

stay cool...

link to potluck if you did not yet.
Happy Monday.

Amanda Moore said...

So very true the internet is truly an ocean with no shores!I have to say I have made some very sweet and dear friends over the years that are so far away I cherish the internet for giving me those friendships. I am also glad I am getting to know you better as well Sumit!

David Waters said...

what a brilliant thing, happy for you:)

JamieDedes said...

Your pleasure is wonderful. I agree about computers and the Internet. And we are connected with people we'd never "meet" otherwise. We get to see the humanity in everyone. Perhaps the Internet is also the path to peace.

Have fun ...

Pratibha The Talent said...

completely agree with you and very nicely written and expressed post.all the best for the contest.

budh.aaah said...

Umm still waiting for mine - it would definitely make the blog ride so much fun

Sumit Sarkar said...

Thanks guys... :)
@Sandeep..
Thanks for reading bhai... :)
@budh.aaah
definitely it would...but never overuse it...

Someone Is Special said...

Lappy is the best and I know how useful it is. You have written so well Sumit.. I am impressed totally.. All the best for the contest..

Do stop by Wrong Call and let me know what you feel :-)

--Someone is Special--

Vidya Sury said...

:-)The world in your laptop! All the best for the BlogAdda contest! And thanks for stopping by my blog.

ishmeet said...

Wow, that is one nice looking laptop. It's screen looks absolutely brilliant.

And your college gifted everyone laptops? That's awesome! I also bought my first laptop when I started with my college, and I'm in love with it still, just because it has changed the way I used to get things done. And for a computer student, a portable computer is an absolute must, because the computers in college labs usually aren't that good.

And best of luck for the competition! :D

Laxman said...

Agree. Wth a laptop the world is on your lap.
Best of Luck for the contest.

Shashank said...

dude i dont agree with the 6th paragraph...study...aaarrrgghhh :P :D

Search my blog...

Custom Search