Monday, July 11, 2011

In The Heat Of Love

This poem is inspired by the tune of the song "I will follow you into the dark" by "Death Cab for Cutie".

In the heat of love
We may cease to live
But our bonded soul's
Will never die
I promise you that

In the heat of love
Our heart's may cease to beat
But the times we spent
Will never be lost
I assure you that

If you and I decide
That we are satisfied
Then no one in the world
Will ever set us apart

If the world is not enough
Then Heaven and Hell may try
But I insure you dear
That they will fail alike

Love is pure
Can change the hearts of cruel
Savages and nasty men
As it refined
The vicious me

Love is kind
Sparkles the crude with love
Crumbles the sword of hate
And it wins
A pleasing victory

If you and I decide
That we are satisfied
Then no one in the world
Will ever set us apart

If the world is not enough
Then Heaven and Hell may try
But I insure you dear
That they will fail alike

In the heat of love
Oh yeah! In the heat of love





For Three Word Wednesday.
Prompts: cease,heat,nasty.

18 comments:

David Allen Waters said...

amazing write...I hung on every word.

WINDOWLAD said...

...great write... 'tis strange that my latest poem was about love as well... enjoyed the read!(:

~Kelvin

Jingle Poetry said...

musical flow,
superb write.

Jingle Poetry said...

Good Evening:

How divine when you come to poetry potluck,

Week 43 is free verse week, submit 1 to 3 random poems, enjoy the fun!

Hope to see you tonight.

xoxox

Glad to see you post, missed your talent and presence, welcome back.

Someone is Special said...

Fantastic bro... Glad I stopped, In the heat of love... I love this dude..

Someone is Special

Chocolate Lover said...

That's my favorite song xD
Btw, I loved the poem :)

Deborah said...

Ooh, just beautifully written!

Vivek said...

Good one this!

Sunakshi said...

Wow adorable poem :) :D

Sunakshi said...

Btw,i can't follow your blog coz the follower column is not appearing in right hand side :(

Isabella said...

Nice one, good interface also of your blog.
Isabella from http://www.qalixa.com,(my blog is available @ http://qalixatechblog.blogspot.com )

Someone is Special said...

Came here to wish you a very ~ Happy Frendship Day ~

Someone is Special

OGUNGBESAN Last Name said...

GREAT AND DIDN'T WANT TO STOP READING

prateek_sethi said...

awesome blog...
SEO Services in India , E - Commerce Solution, Website Designing

Web Design and Development Agency said...

Hey i do love your post and this blog make me awesome..very useful and i like to share this into my friends just to read your post...well this blog say in keep up your dream and lets make that together..thanks again for posting..what a great blog.

Affordable Logo Packages said...

Very good blog, keep up the good work, thank you!

Adim said...

Wow, nice post,there are many person searching about that now they will find enough resources by your post.Thank you for sharing to us.Please one more post about that..

Ready-Made Logo

justin albert said...

Your blog post is very unique and well research, Thanks for your research on academic knowledge…

Create Facebook Fan Page

Search my blog...

Custom Search